Tuesday 5 February 2013

Ajay's Software Testing Course - Session 2

Hi Readers,

Today, I am here to brief you about the second session of Ajay's Software Testing course (2nd Feb). Its was a cool session on Mind map hands-on. The mission for the session was to learn what is Mind map and how to use it.

At the beginning of the session Ajay taught us, what Mind map is and what is it used for. Now, Mind map is:

1. A visual representation of ideas.
2. It can be used in Software Testing and other fields for idea generation, brain storming and investigation (analysis).
3. It was invented by Tony Buzan.
4. Mind map can be prepared on anything that can represent an idea, like a paper, a white board, an application.
5. Few popular tools for Mind map are: Xmind, Freemind, Blumind, Mindmeister.

Then we started with  Mind map of 99Tests.com's home page. We had around 15-20 minutes for the Mind map creation. I must admit that it was a great experience and I learnt a lot of thing from it. After all the participants submitted there Mind map, Ajay reviewed everyone's Mind map and gave feedback for respective Mind map.

Now, I will list down what I learnt from the session.
1. Preparing Mind map.
2. Working in team.
3. Working under time pressure.
4. Prioritizing work while working under time limit.

I will post herewith the Mind map I created for 99Tests.com's home page using Freemind. Ajay suggested me to use Xmind for better visual representation.


Thanks for reading my blog. I will be back with more learning and interesting stuff soon.

Till then, Happy Testing and Happy Learning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment